- US department of Justice says 14 defendants have been charged with “racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracies” over a 24-year period.
- “The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States,” says US attorney general Loretta Lynch.
- Four individual defendants and two corporate defendants have pleaded guilty. Two of these are meant to be Jack Warner’s sons
- Fifa insists Friday’s presidential election will go ahead as planned.
- Fifa spokesman Walter De Gregorio: “The president (Sepp Blatter) is not involved, how can you say he has to step down? He is the president, if he is re-elected then he is the president for the next four years.”
- De Gregorio confirms the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will go ahead as planned in Russia and Qatar with the election still set to go ahead on Friday
I imagine the FIFA headquarters will now resemble something like this:
People will be clamoring to save themselves, it looks like it could get very messy and the web of deceit begins to unravel.
I tried to play FIFA 15 on my Playstation earlier, disc wouldn’t work….turns out it’s corrupt (that one was too easy)