Swansea vs Tottenham a few quick thoughts
October 4, 2015
- In my preview I said heart says win and head says draw, so it seems my head was right. Didn’t get the win but managed to extend our unbeaten run to 7 matches in the Premier League.
- One of those games that would have been great for the neutral but not if you were a fan of either side.
- A frustrating day at The Liberty but credit to the side for going behind twice and getting back level both times.
- Christian Eriksen looked lively today and his two free kicks were top draw, just a shame he couldn’t replicate last season’s late goal and complete his hat-trick
- Harry Kane, dear oh dear. He really doesn’t need to be there when the opposition are taking a corner, if he does then at least put a player on the post. That’s now twice he has scored an Own Goal for the Opposition.
- Andros Townsend was absolute dross. Picking the wrong option so many times, we wasted so many opportunities when he was on the ball.
- Hugo Lloris. Captain, Leader, Hero. A fantastic save in injury time to thwart Swansea getting a dramatic late winner.
- Today was most apparent that we needed a striker to finish off all the countless chances. For all our possession in the final third, once Dembele came on you knew that the day was pretty much done.
- Kyle Walker was run ragged today especially in the first half and has to take his share of the blame for Swansea’s opener.
- The Centre Midfield partnership of Dele Alli and Eric Dier gains more experience with every game which in the long run can only be a positive.
- So honours even in Wales as Spurs stay 8th in the table. A win would have taken us 4th so maybe a cased of opportunity missed this afternoon. Next up after the international break is Liverpool at home.
Pingback: Swansea vs Tottenham a few quick thoughts | LondonBiz WordPress Blog