Tottenham vs Stoke a few quick thoughts
August 16, 2015
- The more things change at Tottenham, the more they stay the same.
- Dembele starting at wide right was a strange decision and not one that paid of.
- Ben Davies is looking good at left back.
- I’m liking this new Eric Dier in Centre Midfield, he looks gobby and not afraid to get a bit nasty – we need more of that.
- First half we looked decent value for our 2-0 lead but admittedly Diouf should have at levelled it at 1-1 with that header straight at Hugo Lloris.
- Then it will went a bit wrong
- If there was ever proof that Tottenham need to buy some strikers then we saw it yesterday
- Purchasing N’Jie is a small step of still a large problem, when Harry Kane gets subbed off its madness not to have a replacement.
- We looked incredibly flat once Kane was subbed off and Lamela looked lost upfront, but that’s a bit harsh on him as it’s not his fault we were lacking in replacement forwards.
- The way we finished the game we were lucky to come away with just a point
- I’m not sure the boos were necessarily warranted but that seems to be symptomatic of the modern day Football fan.
- Next up we go to a Leicester side who have defied all the critics expectations and started incredibly well, so it’s not going to be any easy game. If we don’t get a win there then the murmurs of discontent could get that little bit louder. Let’s hope N’Jie can mark his card with a debut goal.