Home / Football / Leicester vs Tottenham a few quick thoughts
Leicester vs Tottenham a few quick thoughts
- Another week and another win without a game, we have yet to get out of second gear this season
- Pleased for Dele Alli to get off the mark, just a shame for him that his first ever goal for the club wasn’t one which secured all 3 points.
- It was well highlighted on Match Of The Day but they way we were set up after scoring was near abysmal – it was almost as if we thought “we’ve got the winner, job done” and then we got subsequently punished.
- Vertonghen was very lucky not to have given away a Penalty after his tackle on Mahrez. Some days they go for you and some days they go against you.
- We struggled to deal with Mahrez all game, he looked a handful – the only positive you could take from that is if you had him in your Fanasty Football Team
- Still think Moussa Dembele playing wide right isn’t ideal especially as he always looks to be cutting inside, I know we’ve been banging the drum about getting new strikers but I still think we need one more wide midfielder as well.
- No crisis yet for Harry Kane who had a decent game yesterday but the longer this mini drought goes on then the more “second season syndrome” rears it’s ugly head
- We nearly from 3 points to 1 point to none but for the reactions of Hugo Lloris who thankfully managed to parry Wes Morgan’s header away late on.
- The bench looked incredibly light – almost that of a side competing for Championship promotion.
- If this game took on some importance to get a first league win on the board then next weeks encounter at home to Everton takes on even more.
- Saido Berahino isn’t in the squad to face Chelsea today – I really hope that means a move to Tottenham is imminent
- A few other thoughts looking at Andre Ayew’s and Yohan Cabaye’s performances (albeit briefly) yesterday then why on earth did we not sign these two over the Summer.
- Let’s just hope Saturday we can finally start our season proper and get a first win on the board. Come On You Spurs