Club Brugge vs Manchester United a few quick thoughts
August 27, 2015
- I bet Wayne Rooney wishes he could play Club Brugge every week, he actually looked like the Rooney of old last night. Admittedly it wasn’t the toughest test last night but that hat-trick should hopefully set him in good stead and get his misfiring league campaign up and running this weekend.
- As a contest it was over once Rooney scored the opener, as a consequence the Brugge heads dropped and United started to roam forward freely
- Club Brugge’s best effort was towards the end of the first half when they were 2 on 1 against Romero and when it was harder not to score they managed exactly that
- Bastian Schweinsteiger looked comfortable in the second half when coming on for Januzaj
- The penalty miss from Javier Hernandez was hilarious, always funny to see a spot kick taker fall over
- After that performance will Louis Van Gaal now put his wallet away and decide not to get any more striking reinforcements in?
- Then again Hernandez should have probably got two goals late on, so maybe his profligacy might be cause for concern for the Dutchman
- Another clean sheet for United, the only time their net has been breached in all competitions was the Michael Carrick own goal in the first leg of this tie
- That’s about it really, was quite an easy night out “In Bruges” for United, now the Group Stage Draw awaits