Home / Football / Bournemouth vs Tottenham a few late thoughts
Bournemouth vs Tottenham a few late thoughts
- Well Harry Kane is back then after the false start with the goal against Manchester City there’s nothing like a hat-trick to boost your confidence. Here’s hoping the goals continue to come thick and fast over the following weeks and months.
- Although it wasn’t the best of starts was it, conceding after 49 seconds but parity was restored after 9 minutes and from then on we always looked like the dominant side.
- Although the game could have been a bit more interesting had Bournemouth’s effort late in the first half gone in and made the game 3-2. Thankfully that wasn’t the case and once Kane scored his second to make it 4-1, it was very much game over.
- Always pleasing to get a win after a Europa League game (whisper it quietly, I wouldn’t be too bothered if we don’t get out of the Europa League Group Stages)
- Artur Boruc had nothing short of a nightmare yesterday, at fault for at least 3 of the goals.
- Bournemouth have now shipped 10 goals in the last two league games, that has got to be worrying for Eddie Howe, is Sylvian Distin really the answer to their defensive personnel?
- Another worry for Bournemouth is where the goals are going to come from, they’ve looked a different side since the injury to Callum Wilson and won’t be able to rectify that issue until January. Josh King really doesn’t look like a Premier League quality striker.
- Shame we couldn’t keep a clean sheet – you can’t have it all I suppose but the Belgians at the back bar Vertonghen’s early error are looking a more assured partnership with every week that passes.
- Also good to see Midfielders shipping in with goals, Lamela looked decent and Dembele had another good game which can only be another positive.
- 6th in the league is probably where we would expect to be right now, if we turned a couple of those draws into wins then we would be Top 4, that’s the margins we’re dealing with. But ultimately that’s 9 unbeaten which is an incredible start to the season when in August we all thought it was doom and gloom after not signing Saido Berahino.
- Aston Villa up next, will they have a new Manager in place by this time next week. We will have to deal with the lift that the new boss will bring. Even if there is, the really is no reason why we shouldn’t be getting all 3 points at home. COYS