Bayern Munich vs Arsenal a few quick thoughts
November 5, 2015
- Well that escalated quickly
- At least if you were worried about missing The Apprentice last night, Arsenal made the decision for you by half time
- As I alluded to yesterday would it have been the Arsenal of at The Emirates a fortnight ago or the Arsenal that got beaten at Hillsborough last week….turns out it was the latter
- Thing with Bayern though is they just don’t stop. You can talk about German “Efficiency” and other such stereotypes but they are just so ruthless. On that performance you would have never imagined Arsenal doing the reverse on them two weeks prior.
- Good to see the linesman behind the goal doing something and spotting Ozil punch the ball into the net.
- Douglas Costa – I knew he was good at Shakhtar but how much better has he got since moving to Bayern, he was pretty phenomenal last night.
- I suppose the big question is how do Arsenal bounce back from this. As a Spurs fan it would be easy to take schadenfreude from last night’s defeat but I’m a bit worried that they are going to look to bounce back in the best possible way and hand Spurs a drubbing come Sunday, therefore I’m doing my level best to reign in the anti-Arsenal banter and be as subjective as possible
- Arsenal certainly missed Bellerin and Koscielny with Gabriel being run ragged last night. To beat Bayern you’ve got to be a) at your best, b) have a full strength side and c) hope Bayern have an off day, unfortunately for Arsenal none of these 3 things happened last night.
- With Olympiakos’ late winner it puts Arsenal in a slight quandary, do they go for the last 2 matches and risk entry to the Europa League if it doesn’t come off. They now have to beat Olympiakos by 2 clear goals. will Wenger feel that Europa League purgatory isn’t worth disjointed their Premier League title bid.
- Oliver Giroud’s goal was pretty tidy to be fair but that was the only positive from a bleak night in Munich
- Roll on Sunday and the North London Derby