Arsenal vs Liverpool a few quick thoughts
August 25, 2015
- Not necessarily as dull the 0-0 scoreline suggests as bore draws go it did actually have a fair bit of action.
- Coutinho will consider himself unfortunate to not get on a scoresheet after hitting the woodwork twice.
- Whereas Christian Benteke will wonder how he didn’t put his chance away in the first half when it seemed harder not to score.
- Aaron Ramsey has every right to feel aggrieved at the fact his early chance was chalked off for offside, although strangely not much was made of this at half time by the coverage on Sky
- Petr Cech had probably his best performance in an Arsenal league game so far, they certainly needed to call on his experience last night with Arsenal having to do with their second string centre back partnership.
- Would anyone have Liverpool down as getting 3 clean sheets in a row at the start of the season? Probably not but Martin Skrtel is particularly having a good start and the Liverpool back line looks a lot more reassured
- Also a shout must go to Joe Gomez who has settled in very quickly at Anfield and has seemed to make a very smooth transition from his time at Charlton Athletic. Although he may want to work on not getting booked next week as that’s now 3 in 3 games
- Arsenal are certainly lacking firepower up front, they’ve only got 2 goals in 3 matches and 1 of those was an own goal. With Karem Benzema looking more and more like a fading prospect who if anyone can Arsene Wenger bring in to fit the final piece of the jigsaw.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s haircut is a bit….fresh
- Arsenal like Chelsea now sit 5 points behind Manchester City already, they can’t afford to let that gap get too big too soon.