Everton vs Manchester City a few quick thoughts
August 23, 2015
- Manchester City go clear at the top of the table and the signs look pretty ominous for the rest of the league.
- Tim Howard had a decent game for Everton but even he couldn’t keep at Manchester City at bay for the whole game as City deservedly left with all 3 points
- Romelu Lukaku could have changed the course of the game but the assistant linesman made the right call in ruling out his first half effort for Offside
- Lukaku again was the main protagonist for Everton as his stoppage time free kick rattled the bar as the two sides went into the break level at 0-0
- Everton did look good in spells but Manchester City defended better and Vincent Kompany is looking back to his best.
- David Silva controlled the game from midfield pulling the strings and dictating play while his opposite number Ross Barkley couldn’t build on his good start to the season have a relatively quiet game in comparison.
- No goal today for Sergio Aguero but could have had a couple were it not for Tim Howard, still not up to full fitness but when he is then the opposition best take note.
- For all of the transfer talk regarding John Stones he had a relatively non eventful game so you couldn’t say his head has been turned by all the goings on
- Kolarov looked good today and the more he plays like that then the harder it’s going to be for Gael Clichy to win back his position when fully fit.
- Mangala gave away a silly yellow card and if there is still a weakness at Manchester City then it should be plugged by the signing of Nicolas Otamendi. Then again it’s another clean sheet for City so they can’t have too many concerns right now
- No goal yet for Raheem Sterling but Samir Nasri did get off the mark, what a return pass from Yaya Toure who like Kompany also looks to be firing on all cylinders.
- City will be buoyant now after getting a maximum 9 points on the board and have certainly put down a marker for their other title rivals.