Arsenal vs Bayern a few quick thoughts
October 21, 2015
- Well I don’t think anyone really saw that coming, did they?
- Arsenal did start the brighter and could have gone in front after a chance of Mesut Ozil
- After that there was a wave of chances for Bayern, in particular Douglas Costa causing Arsenal the most trouble, at one point I think he sent Hector Bellerin back to Barcelona
- Should Bayern have had a Penalty from the Alexis Sanchez handball?….probably
- But the first half talking point, will be THAT save from Neuer. Best save you’ve ever seen?…maybe, best save this season? Without a shadow of a doubt. Although I still think Walcott should really have scored
- Talking of Goalkeepers, it was Petr Cech’s turn to impress in the Second Half as he kept Robert Lewandowski at bay
- Then Giroud came on
- Then Neuer pretty much went from hero to zero in the space of half an hour or so
- Bayern then threw everything forward in the hope of getting an equaliser but couldn’t break Arsenal down
- Arsenal then capatilised on the break to seal the win and secure a memorable night at The Emirates.
- If they can go the rest of the group stage unbeaten then they will most certainly qualify but it could need another memorable performance in two weeks time at the Allianz Arena to make sure last night’s efforts don’t go to waste