Home / Football / Tottenham vs Manchester City a few quick thoughts
Tottenham vs Manchester City a few quick thoughts
- Wow, just wow. I don’t think anyone really saw that result coming today. 4-1!, usually it’s us on the receiving end of that scoreline from Manchester City so that’s an incredibly sweet victory this lunchtime.
- Where else to start but Harry Kane. The drought has finally ended and it was a goal worth waiting for. A well taken finish after Christian Eriksen hit the post, Kane showed great composure and all but sealed the three points with Tottenham’s third.
- Erik Lamela had a good game, bar his ballooned effort halfway through the first half which is still circling the M25 about now. Hopefully this performance can be the turning point of his Tottenham career and performances like this are no longer the exception and rather the rule.
- Going 1-0 down I did think “Here we go again” but we managed to stay in the game, with Hugo Lloris making two decent saves to keep us in the game, Dier scored at the perfect time as the momentum then swung our way and we looked bang up for it in the second half.
- The goal we conceded was a bit sloppy due to the quick transition from our corner to their goal but at least we showed character to turn the game around.
- Great to see Toby Alderweireld open his account for Tottenham and again he looked at ease pinging numerous balls out wide to the left hand side. A real pleasure to watch and a marked difference from Fazio on Wednesday.
- I think it’s fair to say that’s now are strongest eleven on the pitch. Chadli played well enough when he came on but the attacking unit does look better with Son in it. Although Chadli maybe having a word with Son for nicking his goal and then having it ruled out in the process.
- Clinton N’Jie is lighting fast. If he gets booked does that mean it’s “Clinton Cards” (Sorry)
- Another blank for Sergio Aguero, while one dry patch ends another one continues.
- No Hart and Kompany for Manchester City today and with Yaya Toure going off it looks like they may have lost the spine of their team for their upcoming Champions League encounter in Germany next week.
- For all Manchester City’s perfect start the wheels have come off slightly and they could find themselves 2nd in the league in a couple of hours if Manchester United defeat Sunderland. That’s now 3 defeats in 4 matches in all competitions.