Home / Football / Tottenham vs Anderlecht a few quick thoughts
Tottenham vs Anderlecht a few quick thoughts
- Well we left that late didn’t we, although Dembele’s goal was certainly worth the wait
- That win puts us top of the group with qualification in our hands, just need 1 more win from either Monaco or Qarabag. Here’s hoping we can beat Qarabag in a couple of weeks and then the pressure is off for the final tie at home to Monaco.
- We didn’t start too great, Hugo Lloris had a good game and managed to keep Anderlecht at bay in the first half
- Harry Kane’s momentum is continuing, that’s now 5 goals in the last 3 matches. I think he’s brushed away any concerns that his second season was going to be a flop. He may not match last years goal tally but he’ll be absolutely fine in terms of goals.
- Talking of momentum – Dembele has now scored in 3 games in a row for the first time in a Spurs shirt, I wouldn’t put it past him scoring again on Sunday against Arsenal.
- Good to see Son Heung-min back after six weeks out with a foot injury
- Wasn’t particularly a great performance but it keeps the winning mentality going and you can’t ask for much more than that
- Also great to see 3 players on field who have been announced in the latest England squad, nothing short of what Eric Dier deserves after his performances so far
- I like the look of Josh Onomah, he looks quite lively – that should also mean the end of Andros Townsend at the club
- Next up the North London Derby – will tiredness be a factor come Sunday, possibly but it seemed as if there was good squad management from Mauricio Pochettino last night, so not sure if we can be using that as an excuse. Arsenal will be looking to bounce back from that mauling on Wednesday, we need to hope we can cap off a miserable week for them by nicking 3 points at The Emirates. COYS!