Swansea’s top scorer Fernando Llorente has overcome a stomach bug, but a hamstring injury looks likely to have curtailed Jefferson Montero’s season.
Angel Rangel will return to training next week and could yet play again this season after missing two months with a broken foot.
Everton’s Morgan Schneiderlin will miss a second match with a thigh injury but is expected to return to face Watford.
James McCarthy is nearing fitness after a hamstring problem but remains out.
- Swansea City have only won twice in 26 competitive meetings against Everton, but are unbeaten in the last five (W1, D4).
- Everton have never lost a league match away to the Swans, winning eight of the 11 fixtures.
- Swansea could go three league games without defeat for the first time this season.
- They could also secure their first back-to-back home wins since May 2016.
- However, Swansea have the league’s worst defensive record, conceding 69 goals.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored nine and created 12 of Swansea’s 40 league goals in 2016-17, including an unrivalled seven assists from set-pieces.
- Everton are winless in six away matches and have only two victories on the road in the last 15 games (D6, L7).
- They have not lost a league match in Wales since 1956, when beaten 1-0 by Cardiff at Ninian Park.
- Having scored 35 goals in the first 11 matches of 2017, Everton could go three league games without scoring for the first time since April 2006.
- Only one of Romelu Lukaku’s 14 goals this year has come away from Goodison Park.
With thanks to the BBC Sport Website – The pressure is on Swansea this afternoon especially if Hull win as expected against Sunderland earlier in the day. Should they do so they will be five points behind Marco Silva’s men with it all to do thereafter. Could this be a pivotal weekend in the race to beat the drop.