Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola must decide whether to recall Sergio Aguero, who has featured as a substitute in the last two games.
Bacary Sagna and Pablo Zabaleta are injured, while City will monitor Vincent Kompany, who was left out in midweek because he was not fully fit.
Shane Long misses out for Southampton after suffering a hamstring injury against Inter Milan on Thursday.
Matt Targett, Ryan Bertrand and Cedric Soares are doubts and will be assessed.
Club-record signing Sofiane Boufal came off the bench in midweek for his debut and could make his first Premier League appearance, although a lack of match fitness means he is unlikely to start.
- Southampton have suffered six successive defeats at the Etihad Stadium in all competitions.
- Their last away win against Manchester City was in April 2004, when a goal from James Beattie and two from Kevin Phillips gave Saints a 3-1 victory.
- City are unbeaten at home in 11 league and cup matches since losing to Manchester United in March (W8, D3).
- They are winless in their last four games in all competitions – Pep Guardiola’s worst sequence since a four-match streak with Bayern Munich in April and May 2015.
- Manchester City have claimed just one clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League games.
- They have failed to score four of their eight penalties in all competitions this season.
- Guardiola and Claude Puel met as opposition coaches in the Champions League in 2009. Guardiola’s Barcelona beat Puel’s Lyon in the last 16, prevailing 6-3 on aggregate (drawing 1-1 away and winning 5-2 at home).
- Southampton have collected 51 points in 2016, two more than Manchester City.
- Saints have conceded four penalties in eight league games this term – only Hull (five) have a worse record in the top flight.
- They have kept back-to-back clean sheets in their last two Premier League away games.
- Charlie Austin has scored seven goals in his last seven games in all competitions.
- Dusan Tadic has created 28 chances in the Premier League this season, more than any other player (prior to the weekend) – although he has yet to register an assist.