Home / Football / BBC Gossip Column Debunked – Issue 55
Gossip

BBC Gossip Column Debunked – Issue 55

The start of the Premier League season is just four days away now and truth be told that is probably the point in which I stop writing about all this transfer gossip, but until then let’s now take a look at Monday’s rumour offerings.

Gossip in standard font, my thoughts are in bold

Barcelona will offer Liverpool £120m for Brazil attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 25, following the sale of compatriot Neymar, also 25, to Paris St-Germain. (Star) It was Dele Alli yesterday, now it is Philippe Coutinho. I think this is going to be a case of (insert player here) in regards to being linked with Barcelona

Barcelona could also use some of the funds from Neymar’s sale to target PSG and Germany attacking midfielder Julian Draxler, 23, whose agent has been spotted in Barcelona. (Bild – in German) This also being a perfect example

Liverpool manager Klopp is prepared to give up his pursuit of Southampton and Netherlands defender Virgil van Dijk, 26, and put his trust in his current centre-backs. (Mirror) Looks like Klopp may have admitted defeat in regards to signing van Dijk. Does this pave the way for a move to Chelsea?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says more players will be leaving the Gunners before the end of the transfer window, because the squad is too big. (Telegraph) I would imagine Lucas Perez will be the first to go plus also Kieran Gibbs could be in the frame for a departure

Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, is ready to accept Arsenal’s refusal to sell him and will see out the final year of his contract before leaving on a free transfer next year. (Mirror) It looked like it was going to be Manchester City or bust and now it does look like Sanchez is staying put, can one more season at The Emirates launch them back into the Top 4?

Barcelona are also in advanced talks to sign Brazil and former Tottenham midfielder Paulinho, 29, from Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande. (Sport – in Spanish) And another, although this one was one from last month so surprised it has been revived

Chelsea are ready to challenge Manchester United for the signature of Real Madrid and Wales forward Gareth Bale, 28, who will cost about £90m. (Express) Again nothing happens unless Kylian Mbappe moves to Real Madrid

Chelsea, Manchester United and Monaco are all interested in a move for 25-year-old Barcelona full-back Sergi Roberto, who could be available for 40m euros (£36.1m). (Don Balon – in Spanish) Sergi Roberto will be looking for more game time this season as Nelson Semedo moved to the Nou Camp, do Chelsea need another Right Back though

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho wants the club’s hierarchy to sign Monaco right-back Fabinho, 23. (Don Balon via Express) The same could be said about Manchester United in all fairness

Having lost Nemanja Matic to Manchester United against his wishes, Chelsea boss Antonio Conte admits he cannot prevent the club selling Belgium winger Eden Hazard, with Barcelona interested in the 26-year-old. (Star) Another Barcelona link

Manchester City midfielder David Silva, 31, has started negotiating a move to Spanish side Las Palmas in his native Gran Canaria, but only for when his contract at Etihad Stadium expires in 2019. (Elgoldigital, via AS) Silva not quite at the peak of his powers anymore, it will be interesting to see what role he plays at City this season

Premier League debutants Brighton are closing in on a £3.5m deal for PSV Eindhoven and Netherlands midfielder Davy Propper, 25. (Mail) Propper good signing that

Everton boss Ronald Koeman says the Toffees are close to securing a deal for 27-year-old Swansea and Iceland midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson. (Sky Sports) “Transfer saga”

Stoke have agreed a three-year deal for Cameroon forward Jean-Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, 28, who is out of contract at German side Schalke and will join on a free transfer. (Mail) Is he the new Jonathan Walters?

Leicester City have rejected a third bid – this time of about 35m euros (£31.6m) – from Roma for Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez, 26. (Sky Sport Italia, via Talksport) Leicester are holding out for 40m euros, will Roma stump up the extra cash

Crystal Palace and Everton are interested in a permanent deal for 20-year-old Newcastle keeper Freddie Woodman, who is expected to go out on loan this season. (Chronicle) Do Everton need another young goalkeeper when they already have Jordan Pickford, I’d say a move to Crystal Palace is more likely

Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 28, says he held talks with the Borussia Dortmund board about leaving this summer but is now happy to stay at the Bundesliga side. (Welt – in German) Was heavily linked with a move to PSG but that will not be forthcoming anymore

If you are looking for content creators for your website and/or media outlet, then please drop me an email at realfootballmanwordpress@gmail.com and I'd be happy to discuss what opportunities you have. Thanks, Dan

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: